November 5, 2015

The Kayson Console

I’d been waiting for months for Wayfair to restock this white lacquer console by Safavieh and they finally came through! The Kayson Console is a perfect entryway piece. It’s just wide enough for a couple of stools or a trio of baskets below deck; the lacquer finish gives it a sleek, modern feel; and its lightweight, minimalist design fits smoothly into most settings.

I’ve been experimenting with a few entryway configurations in Photoshop. If you recall from previous posts, I have an open floor plan, so color circulation is extra important. I’m carrying my love for blue-and-white and Chinoiserie into my entryway and using one of these large, show-stopping mirrors as my main point of interest. Thoughts?

Layout three: coral mirrornautical lamps; baskets (similar
      Layout four: gold mirrordiamond lamps; elephant stool (similar)basket