August 4, 2016

Outfit: Lilly Pulitzer Crop Top & Skirt

Oh, crop tops. We saw, some years ago, this ab-flashing trend reemerge from 90s pop culture with no intention of moving on. So how, I thought, do I handle a trend this stubborn and (apparently) unfriendly to my classic fashion sense? Enter Lilly Pulitzer’s nine shamelessly adorable versions of the “minimalist” top. What I love most about the one I’m wearing is the fabric. The classic eyelet pattern tones down the trendiness of the crop, plus it goes with just about any punchy high-waisted skirt. Whatever your body type, I say rock it! Just know that the trick to this trend is high-waisted. And I never thought I’d find a respectable crop top…

                   top // skirt (similar) // earrings // clutch (simlarsimlar)// wedges // nail polish

Confession: This is actually a size 12 girls top but I found it mixed in with the adult’s crop tops (seems someone else had the same idea!). If you’re like me and sometimes shop in the juniors’ sections of your favorite stores, know that this top runs fairly large.