October 31, 2016

A Few Halloween Treats

Boo! Hope you all are having a fun and spooky Halloween! I’m co-hosting a bonfire at my parents’ house tonight and I still have quite a bit of prep work to do, so I’ll make it short.

I couldn’t resist sharing some of the photos my mom snapped of me while walking crunching around my neighborhood yesterday. How perfect is this leaf-covered sidewalk for a fall photo op? I thought about gathering the leaves into a single, giant pile and jumping right in…but I wouldn’t dare alter this flawless stretch of fallen leaves and white fence.

After our foliage tour of my neighborhood, my mom and I spent the rest of the day carving “mon-o-lanterns” and roasting pumpkin seeds (you must try my mom's recipe, which I've provided below). My mom’s not a big DIYer, so it was a real treat to watch her carve something more intricate than the traditional spooky face design. I think she did a great job!

Well, time is slipping away...just a few more hours until guests arrive! EEK!!

Love how perfectly this plaid skirt compliments the foliage!

Dying over these skull smoking slippers :o

My mom’s first monolantern!

My monolantern

The Most Delicious Pumpkin Seed Recipe Ever (Trust me)

2 cups of pumpkin seeds, washed and dried
1-2 tablespoons olive oil
1-2 teaspoons kosher or sea salt
1/4 cup dark brown sugar
2 tablespoons of white sugar
1-2 teaspoons of seasonings of your choice (I recommend Emeril’s Creole)

Roast a single layer of seeds on a parchment-lined pan at 325 degrees for 45 minutes, turning once with a spatula halfway through. Bam!