October 22, 2016

J.Crew Blazer & Annabel Ingall Bag

I’ve been meaning to break in this J. Crew blazer all week. But these past few unusually warm days have been a wrinkle in our month-long streak of perfectly crisp fall weather :/ Fall has really spoiled me this year! I’ve been wearing sweaters and boots since the first week of September and loving every minute of it. Now that the weather has resumed its usual briskness, I’m ready to re-embrace my fall wardrobe—starting with this gorgeous fuchsia blazer I picked up from J. Crew a few weeks ago.

I'm ALL about fall brights and J. Crew knocked it out of the park with this blazer (actually, their entire fall collection is killer). I’d been on the lookout for a pink blazer for a while, but I usually find them too “bubblegum” for my style. But this one! I was instantly drawn to its deep yet vibrant shade (it’s a true “power pink”) and the gold anchor—anchor!—crested buttons, which I think give it a retro heritage feel (very “me”). I paired it with my trusty navy and black jodhpur pants, a fitted striped button-down, cobalt suede heels, and my new Annabel Ingall bag.

Oh! Did I mention I have a new favorite bag? I’m totally smitten with Annabel Ingall’s Annie satchel. I wishlisted it back in August, but it sold out (ugh) in multiple stores and in multiple colors before I had the chance to nab it in my color of choice. I was temped to go with the “gaucho,” a fabulous shade of tan that kinda reminds me of my mom’s legendary crumb cake, but I really just needed a classic navy satchel. Thankfully, Shopbop had a few left in stock (sadly, they’ve since run out). Obviously, there’s a reason it sold so well. The leather is super soft and the trench-like belt accent? Supremely chic. Definitely a classic worth investing in once it’s restocked!

Blazer // Shirt // Watch // Earrings // Bag (sold out) // Pants (similar) // Shoes