February 8, 2017

Valentine's Day Hot Chocolate Bar

It’s no secret: I LOVE decorating for the seasons. One step into my holiday décor closet and you’ll know what I mean. Yes, I’ve devoted an entire closet in my one bedroom apartment to holiday décor {insert monkey covering eyes emoji}. While some holidays are more meaningful for me than others (truth: I’ve never attended a Mardi Gras party or parade and St. Louis’ is the second largest in the country!), I won’t let any holiday pass without treating my friends, my family, and myself to a few of its associated luxuries.

So, in honor of the Valentine’s season, I turned my Society Social bar cart into a hot chocolate/dessert buffet. Yum!! Really though, any excuse to crank up the pink and consume more chocolate…I’m on it! For this post, I rounded up my favorite hot chocolate toppings and desserts, cut some sweet paper hearts, and hung this darling boxwood wreath. Hope you all love it as much as I do!! Happy Valentines Day! <3

Wreath: Amazon

Bow: Made from Celebrate It wired ribbon, which you can find at your local Michaels

Coffee pot: (vintage, but you can find similar ones here and here!)

Glass initial mugs: EmilyMcCarthy

Marshmallow container and sprinkle dishes: Crate and Barrel

Gold heart spoons: Amazon

Cake stand: Crate and Barrel (old, but similar!)

Cupcakes: The Cakery (honestly, it’s worth a trip to St. Louis just for their buttercream frosting!)

Pink chocolate covered strawberries: After seeing several photos of these on Pinterest, I decided to make some of my own! I highly recommend Ghirardelli white chocolate chips (great taste plus quick, smooth melt). I think the stovetop method works best as it keeps the chocolate from hardening while you’re dipping the strawberries. Melting instructions are conveniently located on the back of the bag!

Books: Amazon

SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave