April 3, 2017

Easter Tablescape

You guys! Easter is just two short weeks away, which means it’s the perfect time to plan our menus and prep our homes for a fabulous meal. Since my brother and sister-in-law can’t make it to my parents’ house Easter weekend, I’ll be hosting my own version of Easter brunch for everyone this Saturday. I love these little intimate family gatherings because they give me the chance to hone my hostess skills. Plus, I’m making life easier for my mom, who’s now only responsible for one brunch. I couldn’t wait to give my Easter table a whirl, and I’ll be too busy in the kitchen to snap photos Saturday, so here’s a sneak peak!

I decided to go simple and elegant for this occasion, so I went on the hunt for a classic white tablecloth. I had the hardest time finding one! And you'd think they’d be everywhere. I finally stumbled across this one at Crate and Barrel and I just love the cotton fabric and minimalist design! It is a bit of a pain to keep wrinkle-free, though. I suggest having it pressed, then rolled up on a fabric roller (vs. folded) for crease-free portability.

Is there anything more Easter-ish than Dodie Thayer for Tory Burch lettuce ware? The soup tureen (only $350!) is high on my wish list. I would’ve splurged for the occasion but... Palm Beach. Dixie Row. Worth Ave. This month! So instead, I bought this darling white cabbage tureen from Etsy to go with my salad plates. You can find this exact one here and here. I think it’s a wonderful alternative to the Dodie Thayer tureen!

The salad plates though! They’re a steal at $158 for a set of four! One day, I’ll have a large collection of green and white lettuce ware!

I can always count on Home Goods for holiday napkins! I popped in a few weeks ago and went a little crazy stocking up on table linens. They had gingham everything that day and we know I can't resist a good monogrammable surface ;) I chose the turquoise gingham for this setting, and I love how it brings out the blue in my vintage Lenox plates.

I stuffed my tureen with the prettiest lilies, hydrangeas, and mini carnations, all from my local grocery store. How darling are these pink buds?!

I’ve been tuning in to #tabletoptuesday on Instagram a lot lately, and I’m noticing sooo many over-the-top gorgeous dining rooms that make mine look a bit plain in comparison. I wish I could do something about my white walls, but I just can’t see investing much in wallpaper (or paint) at this point in my life, especially for a rental. So, I’m working with what I have and I think I’m doing a pretty good job turning my dining area into an “official” dining room. I recently had these palm prints framed at Framebridge, an online framing service, and I love how they look flanking my china cabinet! The rippled gold frame is such a classic!

Hope you all have a wonderful Easter!! "God raised the Lord and will also raise us up by his power." (1 Corinthians 6:14)
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave