April 22, 2017

Naples/Palm Beach Packing List

In just a few more hours, I'll be Florida bound! I’ll admit, this post is a bit last minute...I’ve been rushing around all day and night trying to get everything packed and ready. BUT I can’t leave without sharing a couple snapshots of my packed suitcase and a list of spring travel essentials. I can't wait for this vacation to start!

Bric’s Spinner Trunk—My mom gifted me this carry on trunk by Bric’s for Christmas. I love, LOVE this suitcase. Leather trim, gold hardware, 360 spinner wheels…it’s everything you could possibly want or need in a carry on. I expected it to weigh 500 pounds (looks pretty solid, right?!), but I was shocked at how lightweight this trunk is compared to my old cloth carry on.

Tunic Dress—Can you believe this is my first tunic dress? I have quite a few tunics to pair with white jeans, but no tunic dresses until now! Shame! I can’t believe I waited to so long to buy one—they’re such a preppy wardrobe staple. This linen one by Sail to Sable is hands down one of the best fitting, most comfortable dresses I’ve ever owned.

Lilly Pulitzer shift—Lilly. South Florida. Need I say more?

Little white eyelet dress—LWEDs are must for spring and summer! I found the cutest one from Vineyard Vines in the back of my closet the other day with the tags still attached. Textured clothing is perfect for travel since it’s less prone to wrinkling, so this was a no-brainer! No place to shop like your closet, right?! Lilly Pulitzer just released a few new LWEDs, which I plan to try on and hopefully buy in Florida. I’m smitten with this one and this one.

Flamingo blouse—How freaking adorable is this? I can’t think of anything more South Florida than this flamingo print blouse by Goodnight Macaroon. And you can’t beat the price!

Classic striped swimsuit—I used to think one pieces were too matronly for twenty-somethings…until I saw this navy and white one at J. Crew. The stripes are super chic and the cut is incredibly flattering. I can’t wait to wear it to the beach!

Linen button down—The linen button down is a classic spring/summer piece that looks effortlessly stylish on pretty much anyone. It should be in everyone’s closet in multiples! I found this leopard one at J. Crew the other day and immediately fell in love. The leopard print looks maximum chic when paired with other neutrals.

White ruffled shortsI’m obsessed with these high-waisted white ruffled shorts. J. Crew really came through this year with the leg-lengthening stylesThe thick, slightly textured fabric and ruffles will truly give any outfit that extra oomph.

Turkish beach towel– Love this green and white striped one!

Pom pom clutch—You’ve probably seen this colorful straw clutch all over your Instagram feed—it’s one of the cutest ones out there! It’s big enough for all your essentials and compact enough to store in your carry on tote. LOVE!

Off-the-shoulder striped top—I’m always on the lookout for striped shirts with a fun twist, and this one by J. McLaughlin is an absolute must! All the best details are there, from the cute little sleeve ties to the shirttail hem.

Straw hat—I forgot to order a new straw hat! Oops. Looks like I have some shopping to do (not complaining!). I’ll be wearing my trusty navy bow hat until I can find something to go with my swimsuit and beach accessories.

SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave