October 23, 2017

Favorite Etsy Shops & Recent Etsy Scores

The other day, I started thinking about how much time I spend shopping online. It’s unreal, you guys! First, let me say that I’m not a shopaholic (at least I don't think I am), I just know what I like and I’m very picky about what I buy so I tend to fall down the inevitable rabbit hole of trying to find super specific/unique/one-of-a-kind items. I spend many —probably too many!—hours each week trawling through Etsy, my go-to site for unique gifts, holiday decor, and vintage treasures.

And, I often get sidetracked. Etsy is like Wonderland to me—I never know what I’m going to stumble across nextwhich is quite thrilling! A few weeks ago, my fantasies about scoring a set of vintage Rose Medallion dinner plates somehow led me to discover these swoon-worthy agate lamp finials and these fabulous retro-style white tinsel Christmas treesI've also stumbled into some awesome new stores during these little sideways journeys, and I'm just dying to share them with you. So for today's post, I’m giving you a rundown of my new favorite Etsy shops as well as a glimpse inside my “Purchases and Reviews” file.

We have a LOT of fun shopping to do…are you all ready? Let’s go!

TopFinials— Finally! An entire shop dedicated to finials! This shop has literally every type of finial you could dream up, from golden oysters to Asian dragons that are hand carved from stone. Unbelievably gorgeous! I haven’t bought anything yet—I stumbled into this shop last night while on a quest for lamp accessories— but any minute now, one of these finials will be mine!

AffordablyChicArt—I discovered this darling little antique shop while on a hunt for a flawless pair of vintage double happiness jars for under $300 (I’m obsessed with double happiness jars but $300 is a little insane). I was shocked by how reasonable Sarah's prices are! She sells a little bit of everything I love, from blue willow to tobacco leaf, and she also paints her own chinoiserie ornaments and pumpkins! I definitely recommend adding her shop to your favorites!

Redux121DesignStudio— When I came across this shop, I was instantly reminded of the quote, “It’s the little details that are vital. Little details make big things happen.” I’ve become more and more detail-obsessed over the years, and especially since I started doing 80% of my holiday shopping on Etsy. A few years ago, I never would’ve thought of attaching personalized gift tags and ornaments to a wrapped gift. Now, they’re an absolute must-have! Well, this shop has you covered. I mean, where else can you find personalized Staffordshire dog gift tags?! Or mini tobacco leaf plate ornaments?

Sweetapolita— I LOVE making and sipping fancy teas, coffees, cocoas, and cocktails—especially when pretty sprinkles are involved. And this shop sells the prettiest sprinkle mixes I’ve ever seen! These are not your run-of-the-mill rainbow sprinkles—these are what fancy hostess dreams are made of!

SoHospitalityCo— This shop has everything going for it—fun and sophisticated monograms; fabulous barware, mugs and melamine in all the bright colors and classic patterns; and wonderfully personal customer service! I recently ordered two orange gingham—gingham!—mugs and they came gift-wrapped with the sweetest hand-written note attached. The mugs are nice and tall—and bright!

DesignsbyLaurelLeigh—I buy almost all of my jewelry from here now! Take one look and you’ll see why. I love that Laurel stays on-trend while also creating pieces are totally unique and timeless. And, she uses all my favorite materials—blue and white porcelain, bright colors, tassels, pom poms, embroidery, pearls, bamboo, and lots of shiny gold! I recently had the pleasure of meeting Laurel over email and she is just the sweetest! Stay tuned for her interview this week—you guys are going LOVE it! 😆

DragonflyGypsySoul—If you’re looking for unique curiosity objects, look no further! This shop has a killer collection of midcentury brass (obsessed with these pineapple candlesticks!), baskets from around the world, and tons of other cool vintage items.

ThereseMarieDesigns—This shop has totally changed my pillow shopping ways! I was having all my throw pillows custom-made with fabric I picked out from various fabric stores and outlets. But that was getting quite pricey and time consuming so I set out to find some shops that *specialize* in throw pillows. Where would I find shops like that? Etsy—duh! When I came across Therese’s shop, I just didn’t know what to do with myself. I couldn’t believe that I’d finally found greek key and geometric appliqué pillows that didn’t cost a fortune! Her pillows are so versatile and classic, plus they’re made with the highest-quality materials.

annechovie—Where do I begin? I love this shop! It’s not exactly a new favorite, but just in case you aren’t familiar with Anne Harwell’s art—now is the time to get acquainted! She puts prints of her paintings on just about everything—matchboxes, pillows, trays, coffee mugs, rugs, you name it! I can't get enough of her aesthetic!!

Now for a peak inside my “Purchases and Reviews” file! I’m always quite curious about what people buy, especially decorators, bloggers, and anyone who loves to shop as much as I do! So, I figured I’d just show you what I’ve been shopping for these past few months on Etsy. This is the actual file!

Those tassels! They are going to look so pretty hanging from my lamps! By the way, I did end up finding my dream Rose Medallion set....

I simply could not pass up this fabulous pair of antique Staffordshire dogs from the 19th- century. The price was right and the condition is excellent! I’ve been dreaming of a pair this good for too long and I’m just over the moon about them. They’re sitting on my dining room table right now, surrounded by colorful fall swag. And how cute is that pup pitcher? His ears are blue! 😆

I bought this turban for a Halloween post and I like it so much, I think I may start wearing it on the reg! Teggy French would be proud. 👳🏻‍♀️ Also, I recently started collecting vintage lettuce ware and soon as I saw these stunning plates, the tablescape ideas began flowing!
Of course, no holiday tablescape of mine is complete without a gorgeous set of vintage gold bamboo flatware. The price was so reasonable!

More jewelry from @DesignsbyLaurelLeigh! Yep, I'm hooked!!

This retro-style white tinsel Christmas tree is everything! I love its spindly branches and subtle sparkle! I bought two—one for my dining table and one for my new lime green lacquered cabinet! I am SO excited about the holidays this year. I have some fabulous decor inspiration for you guys.

Hope you all enjoyed this post! Stayed tuned for Laurel’s interview this week and have fun shopping my favorite stores!!  💕